Pilates is an intelligent method of physical conditioning that emphasizes core strength, proper alignment, and an awareness of the breath.
Quality and precision are prioritized over quantity, leading to a body that moves with agility, mindfulness, and efficiency. Regular training will result in:
- Strong, elongated musculature
- Improved posture, flexibility and coordination
- Increased energy and mental focus
- Correction of muscular imbalances
- Reduction of back pain
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Injury prevention
The Pilates method is versatile enough to be adapted for any level of fitness or ability.
Gyrotonic® is a 3 dimensional movement technique that incorporates principles from yoga, dance, gymnastics, swimming, and tai-chi.
Its unique value is that each exercise simultaneously stretches, strengthens, develops coordination, and increases range of motion.
Fluid, circular movements are performed with yogic breathing patterns, providing the following benefits:
- Develops strong, lean musculature
- Increases flexibility, coordination, & balance
- Corrects postural imbalances and elongates the spine
- Enhances joint mobility & articulation
- Strengthens the core
- Increases circulation of blood, lymphatic fluids, & energy
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Helps to slow the aging process
Pre/Post Natal Exercise and Doula Services
The physical changes the body endures during and after pregnancy can be significant.
At Ideal Form Pilates, we specialize in working with the pre and post natal body, giving special care to the woman as she prepares for this remarkable time in her life.
Not only will the woman feel stronger and more fit as she navigates her way through the pregnancy, this prenatal exercise program prepares her body for childbirth itself, and allows the body to have a more speedy recovery.
Christina is also a DONA trained birth doula, Certified Breastfeeding Counselor and childbirth educator. The unique care that Ideal Form Pilates can offer is the opportunity to meld prenatal physical conditioning with the assessment and execution of the woman's birth plan and transition to parenthood.